Linux Asia 2004 Program Highlights
For IT entrepreneurs, top industry executives, and government leaders
- Enterprise Track : Top Industry Executives
- Entrepreneur's Track : IT Entrepreneurs
- Social Track : Government & Education
Enterprise Track : Top Industry Executives
Decision makers from all enterprise
levels will get first-hand reports and demonstrations
of the benefits of adopting open source.
- Benefits of open source
- Is adoption of open source only a question of "cost"?
- Case studies of enterprises from India and abroad
- Strategies for migration
- The impact of anti-piracy drives
Entrepreneur's Track : IT Entrepreneurs
A track exclusively
for IT entrepreneurs to prepare leaders
for the new business opportunities in
the open source market.
- Revenue models
- Case studies of successful firms
- Changes needed in organisational culture
- The new roles of the trade channel
Social Track : Government & Education
A track for the
social implications of open source and
its promise for e-governance, education
- Should a government take a stand towards open source?
- Why are governments across the world adopting open source?
- Case studies of e-governance initiatives from India and abroad
- How can educational institutes benefit from open source?
Listen to and learn from the experts and OSS gurus on the latest technology trends and developments.
- Software Development
- System Administration
A network of 80-100 PCs will
demonstrate key aspects of Linux and open source
- Sponsors and exhibitors can target an elite audience with their solutions on this LIVE network
- Themes on 'The HUB' include Linux@Home, Linux@Office, Linux@Enterprise, Linux@Government, and more
- Applications will demonstrate high performance computing (clusters), mail servers, thin clients, grid computing, etc.
The perfect venue for leading
firms to show off their products, services
- Target top-level, enterprise decision makers
- Indoor and outdoor booths
- All booths available under 'shell space' system